K5 and New Registrations – Ongoing
K4 Registrations – March 7, 2022 to March 11, 2022
- Due to the limited number of spaces in the K4 program, registrations for K4 will be determined by a “lottery system”. All completed registrations received during the week of March 7, 2022 to March 11, 2022 will be assigned a number. After the registration period is over, if we receive more applications than the allocated number of spots, we will hold a lottery to determine the students that will be registered for the K4 program. A wait-list will also be drawn, to be used if one of the allocated spots becomes available before the start of the school year.
To register your child for Kindergarten 2022-2023 he or she must be 4 years of age (K4) or 5 years of age (K5) on or before September 30th, 2022.
Under certain conditions, specified by the Quebec Ministry of Education (M.E.E.S.), students may begin kindergarten or Cycle 1.1 early, through a process called Derogation. The conditions are contained in the Education Act. Click here for more information. Note: Students who are 4 years old on or before September 30th, 2022 can register for K4 in their catchment, however, no derogations are permitted for this grade level.
- WQSB Transitions helps you find information, tools, resources, and more to support you and your child successfully navigate their transition to kindergarten and beyond. Visit their website at https://www.wqsbtransitions.com/
- Welcome to Lord Aylmer – Preschool Cycle Program (K4-K5)
It takes 5 days to make the necessary changes for a new bus. This can only be done if the required documentation (proof of address) is received at the time of the request.
Parents are asked to register their child in their boundary school. Cross-Boundary Requests allow parents to request to send their child to another school located outside of the boundaries of a given school (in other words, the territory served by a school). This transfer request is made to the Department of School Organization, which will review it individually before submitting a recommendation to the General Directorate.
- Review the Cross-Boundary Policy;
- Fill out the Cross Boundary Application Form 2022-2023 and return to the School Organization Department by fax at 819 684-9061 or email at email@example.com;
- Parent or guardian will be required to complete a Temporary Authorization – Cross Boundary 2021-2022 form if the family moves onto the territory of a different school during the school year, in order to allow the child to remain in the same school for the remainder of the school year.
In Quebec, students must be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2022 in order to attend kindergarten in the Fall of 2022.
Under certain conditions, specified by the Quebec Ministry of Education (M.E.E.S.), students may begin kindergarten or Cycle 1.1 early, through a process called Derogation. The conditions are contained in the Education Act.
- Students identified as “advanced” by the M.E.E.S. (students with advanced intellectual, social, emotional and psychomotor skills as deemed by a psychologist) may be granted Early Admission Derogation.
- Students identified as “handicapped” by the M.E.E.S. (as outlined in the Organization of Educational Services for At-Risk Students and students with handicaps, social maladjustments or learning difficulties) may be granted Special Education Derogation.
Parent Information Evening – January 24, 2022 at 7:00pm via Zoom – Click here for more details and registration info.
- What is derogation?
- Who is eligible to apply for derogation?
- What are the requirements for qualifying for derogation?
- What constitutes “school readiness” for Kindergarten?
- Why does my child need a psychological assessment to complete the application?
- How do I apply?
- A brief question and answer period will follow.
For information about derogations, please contact Helen Carriere at firstname.lastname@example.org or 819-684-1313 ext. 560006